The Presence of Songwriting is a workshop I've developed in an attempt to share my songwriting process with you -- so you can write more fulfilling songs, and also so you can live life with a cup full of love and inner peace.
When I began writing songs, I've gotta say I was pretty broken. It was the only place I felt I had to turn to that was my own, a safe haven where I could be free as the nerdy, sometimes sloppy, insecure person I was (and still am). When I discovered just how MUCH freedom I felt in the creative act of writing a song, I was like "Man! I've got to do this every day!" And so I've been doing it practically every day, since that day in June, 2010....
Now you should note, songwriting is an expansive subject. And I'm certainly not claiming to be an expert. That would be silly! I enjoy holding space for other people to do their thing, share their voices, and develop creatively. That's about all I'm expecting from myself here, because I know that we're all tapping into the same bountiful pool of ideas and creative magic, each person combining them in ways no one else could possibly replicate.
I just love writing and sharing songs. It's really that simple. Service is a big part of my life, and I couldn't imagine keeping the gift that has served me in so many ways all to myself..... I have to share it too. :)
So I'm calling you out, fellow singer of songs! I want your company in this magic. And if you identify with any of the following characteristics, I bet you want mine too.....
The Presence of Songwriting will be deeply fulfilling if you are:
- Already an active singer, songwriter, and/or musician looking to deepen your relationship to the inner voice
- A band member who is now writing original material, and needs inspiration
- Interested in practicing mindfulness and/or meditation
- A seeker of Truth, finding fulfillment in creative modalities such as music
- A healing professional looking for open channels to your gift
- Mesmerized by the songs you hear, and wishing to create your own
- A change-maker who wants new and exciting ways to affect others in positive ways
- A writer, poet, and/or spoken word artist looking to fill your creative well
If you are one of those folks, as a result of this workshop you will feel more:
- Security in who you are
- Creative inspiration
- Connected with yourself, with others, and with something Greater
(Please register by Nov 9)
ADDRESS: 62 Wall St, Asheville, NC
CALL: (828) 785-3041
CONTACT: Natalie Fox
WORKSHOP COST: $35
“My songwriting and my style became more complex as I listened, learned, borrowed and stole and put my music together.”
Boz Scaggs,The Steve Miller Band
“You wind up creating from silence, like painting a picture on a blank canvas that could bring tears to somebody’s eyes. As songwriters, our blank canvas is silence.”
"If you have stopped being an amateur, then you should probably stop writing songs."
David LaMotte, Asheville singer/songwriter