commonly asked questions.
What does "Soul~Inspired" mean?
When we are living and creating from a place that is connected from within, we are in touch with ourselves as a spiritual presence engaging with the world through an imperfect human experience. This is the foundation I aim to create music (and everything else) from. When we sing, play, and create from an inspired place that is whole and complete, our expression takes on a different quality. When a musician or artist has either maintained, or recovered an awareness of their true identity, the following are indicators that their Soul’s nature is being expressed:
- Confident, authentic communication through their chosen artistic medium
- Inner peace within
- Willingness to experience all feelings
- Emotional vulnerability with others
- Service to a unique Higher Purpose in life, either in vocation or avocation
- Ease in musical and artistic expression
- A sense of “togetherness” and substance
- Access to pure, childlike joy
- Healthy, positive, and secure attachments with themselves and other people
- Love for the natural world
What kinds of Musicians are great candidates for Holistic Coaching?
Musicians who are open-minded, willing and ready to receive support, and action-oriented are great fits for receiving coaching. Specifically, musicians who would describe themselves in the following ways are ideal for working with me as a coach:
Soul-Inspired. Living a life guided by the Soul
Body-honoring. Respecting and listening to the body as a first priority
Authentically-expressed. Bringing honesty and vulnerability to their music and expression of self
Growth-oriented. Valuing personal, creative, and professional growth
Purpose-filled. Believing in the vision of spreading peace, joy, and love to others through music
Some specific populations of musicians who have benefited ....
- Musicians in recovery from addictive/compulsive behaviors of any kind
- Musicians suffering from unspecific or unidentified grief
- Musicians dealing with the effects of childhood trauma, abuse, or neglect
- Musicians wishing to move beyond creative blocks
- Musicians looking to re-kindle or re-create their image or voice
- Musicians struggling with confidence and/or public speaking as an entrepreneur
- Musicians who want to finish a public project that will help them expand
- Musicians who identify as LGBTQ individuals who struggle with self-worth and/or identity
- Musicians dealing with issues related to family relatives
- Musicians in the midst of a significant career transition
- Musicians who'd like to grow their confidence and take their self-expression to the next level
- Musicians who feel like they are having an existential crisis
What is the primary process you use to help musicians heal and grow?
The decision to approach the question, “Who am I?” with humility and courage is the first step. Beyond that, musicians who are already on a path of Soul simply need a positive mirror, and a loving space for them to integrate and feel their own magnificence.
The W.H.O.L.E. process is a unique way for can be used to integrate and access your full expression using the following practices:
W ait - Dropping the focused activity of the mind and entering into a relaxed, free space of receiving
H ear - Listening with curiosity to where your attention is directed, both outwardly and inwardly
O pen - Allowing what you notice to evolve and deepen into a full expression of emotion
L earn - Observing and receiving insights that emerge as a teaching of Soul, a result of letting yourself be guided into the gifted moment
E xpress - Communicating about any part of the experience from an embodied place of presence
What kinds of support/guidance can musicians receive?
I offer Holistic Musician Coaching individually and through groups. I try to make these as accessible as possible for musicians on a budget, as well as people who have specific goals in mind that also require financial commitments.
If you are interested in reading about programs I offer for musicians or scheduling a free 30-minute consultation, please find out more HERE.
What results can Holistic Musician Coaching create in my life?
Using this process is POWERFUL. It also has the potential to produce immediate results, even after the first time you engage deeply with it. Most of the time though, any sustainable results you'll experience are the product of a continued practice. You probably witnessed your slow growth as a musician, and similarly, receiving coaching for your music and life goals requires the grounded application of consistent, desire-specific actions. This is what creates lasting change, and ultimately, it's what will get you to where you want to be.
Some common results include the following:
- Ease and flow in creating meaningfully
- Visible increases in confidence while expressing yourself
- Greater emotional stability throughout daily life
- Cultivation of a loving, harmonious home environment that feels like a sanctuary
- Inner peace you can access at any chosen moment
- Purposeful work that is aligned with your Soul’s full expression
- Completion of important creative projects that you’ve never been able to finish successfully
- Successfully attracting romantic partners who are aligned with who you truly are
- The sense of being “whole” and “complete”
- The ability to play innocently again like a child
How is Holistic Musician Coaching different than seeing a therapist?
Therapy is an amazing experience that ideally offers someone a safe space to process deep emotions and experiences, hopefully resulting in greater feelings of peace, fulfillment, and joy. Although in many ways, Holistic Musician Coaching aims for the same results, the process used in getting there is different. Most quality therapists will focus more on the process of healing rather than trying to achieve certain results, and this is quite appropriate for the depths at which they are working with clients. Holistic Musician Coaching differs from this approach in that it is a path-oriented modality always connecting insight with inspired action. It assumes that your Soul is directing you on your journey and is leading you towards your true desires, which outlines the very clear path you’ll be walking with support. Another difference between this approach and traditional talk therapy, is that your creative expression is a central aspect of your healing and growth process. By cultivating your emotionally and spiritually connected voice, you continue to strengthen your sense of self and learn to authentically communicate with yourself and the outside world.
When you receive support through Soul Coaching, they are receiving a combination of emotional integration, creative coaching, and spiritual guidance. (imagine that your therapist, music instructor, and pastor were combined into one person! this is basically how it feels.)
What will my coaching sessions be like?
Whether you are receiving individual or group coaching, your sessions are designed to offer you clarity, motivation, and MEGA-inspiration. All sessions have the primary goal of helping you identify and release limitations, clarify your desires, and motivate you to take the inspired actions that will move you closer to you want to create. Using this model with a skilled coach who can help expand your perspective is a kick-ass way to get out of your "stuckness," and back into a consistent inspiration.
Some common tools used in both group calls and individual sessions are:
- Guided visualizations
- Singing and songwriting (as tool for connecting with yourself and others)
- Creative writing and focused journal prompts
- Focused music listening and expression
- Improvisation and role play exercises
- Visual art and drawing
- Fear inventories
- Authentic movement and dance
- Somatic witnessing
- Focused self-inquiry (from coach and yourself)
- Group brainstorms
- Reflective listening exercises
- Intentional goal-setting
What if I'm scared to invest money into Holistic Musician Coaching?
Money is a form of energy. And as with all forms of energy, we get to choose where we proactively direct it.
Here are some questions I'd encourage you to ask yourself if you've never invested a large sum of money into yourself and your growth:
- What are my desired dreams worth to me?
- Do I feel confident that this person, who I'm considering working with, can help me achieve my goals?
- How much synchronicity do I notice when I lean into making this investment? Does it feel like things come together? Does it feel like things begin, or stop moving?
- If I knew I only had 1 year left to live, would I be satisfied with my life?
- When I think about receiving support that is exactly what I've been needing, what feelings do I notice?
- And when I think of all the insignificant things I've spent money on in the past, large and small, how does that encourage me to invest in something life-changing and meaningful to me, my music, and those I inspire?